You might be worried between echo vs echo plus. To get you out from this state we are here with the complete difference between echo and echo plus smart home hub.
A smart home hub is a software or hardware device that enables communication between various smart home devices and facilitates their automatic control and operation. These smart home hubs are mostly connected via Z-Wave protocol or ZigBee technology hence they do not require Bluetooth and Wi-Fi necessarily.
Table of Content
Difference Between Echo And Echo Plus! Which One Is Better?
Amazon has offered the world’s leading smart speakers namely Echo and Echo Plus to turn your home into a smart home where you can manage your device which just a single touch or voice command. Are you thinking what is the difference between echo and echo plus? Read this guide.
These devices allow its users to do a number of tasks like ordering items from Amazon and browsing the internet through the Alexa voice command feature, playing games, control lightnings and other electrical equipment, control and communicate various smart home devices and much more. This really has improved the living standard. The difference between Amazon echo and echo plus will help you in purchasing the right product. Let’s embark the journey of difference between echo and echo plus with the below table:
Amazon Echo vs Echo Plus
You might be wondering which one is better for your smart home? Here we have shown the difference between echo and echo plus smart hub systems on the basis of the features offered by them. Just take a quick look!
Echo (3rd Gen) Smart Speaker
Echo 3rd generation is a smart hub that is part of the first high-end smart hub Echo series by Amazon. The Echo smart speaker is the first speaker that supports 360° audio music. This smart speaker supports HD music powered by the Dolby Atmos codec.
It features a number of amazing characteristics that will help to make your life comfortable and trouble-free. The wide range of features is favored by Alexa that can play music from your favorite playlist with its new HD music streaming feature, search the internet for your queries, etc.
This system gets connected with other devices over Wi-Fi or other network technology like Z-Wave and ZigBee. Once it is connected you can give various commands via Alexa microphone. All the below features will also highlight the difference between echo and echo plus as you can compare echo features with echo plus.
- PREMIUM RESULTS – The Echo smart home speaker provides premium experience due to its clear voice quality, 360° audio sound, and adjustable bass performance.
- VOICE CONTROL– You can control lighting, adjust thermostats, play music from your playlist, and whatnot by connecting it with other smart devices.
- ENSURE SECURITY– Just pair this device with any other smart security camera or smart door locks to keep an eye on every stranger so that you can keep your house out of danger.
- DESIGN–This smart hub looks so elegant. It comes in a cylindrical shape and is covered with a nice sandstone fabric which gives it a decent yet sophisticated look.
- COLOR– The device comes with a variety of classic color options including charcoal, heather grey, red, sandstone, and twilight blue. You can choose according to your room background color or preferences.
– You can adjust the equalizer settings. Also, for improved experience connect it with another Echo or Echo Plus speaker or an echo hub for more bass.
- ALEXA– The device is compatible with Alexa voice control. It can control unlimited functionality from controlling your thermostat for temperature adjustment to track your fitness and much more.
- PRIVACY CONTROL– This device ensures your privacy by securing communication with other devices. There is a button on top of it for the microphone. You can turn it off to avoid any voice recording.
- KEEPS YOU CONNECTED– You can pair it with other smart intercoms with built-in Alexa feature to talk to your family members in any room or to make an announcement.
- ENJOY MUSIC IN EVERY ROOM– Play your favorite music by giving a voice command to Alex for an artist, genre or song from Apple Music, Amazon Music, Spotify, SiriusXM, Pandora, and others.
- VOICE CONTROL MOVIES– It can pair with Amazon Fire TV to manage different movies and other entertainment channels. You can also tune into the radio, or listen to Audible and podcasts.
- Use your voice to set reminders and alarms.
- Get to know the latest news and weather forecasts.
- Filter songs and approve contacts with Amazon Parental control.
- View, hear, delete and stop your voice recordings.
- It has to pause music to listen to the voice command.
- The equalizer needs to be adjusted at first.
Echo Plus (2nd Gen) Smart Speaker
Do you have any smart devices in your home? A smart hub is a device that completes a smart home by connecting with all the devices. Through this, you can control all of your smart devices with this one central hub. Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen is one such device. Here we have given amazon echo plus 2nd generation review.
This device is actually a smart speaker with a built-in central hub and hence can be paired with multiple devices in your smart home. The device has built-in Alexa voice control. Thus it can easily connect with other devices having Alexa feature and control their functionality.
The Echo Plus 2nd Generation can be setup in minutes as compared to other hubs. The new Echo Plus is a lot different than the previous Echo Plus that was thinner, taller and black in color with the speaker grill at the bottom of it.
All you have to do is to plug in the device first. Once it is plugged in, you can see a blue ring at the top for about 45 seconds. The next step is to connect the device to the Alexa application you have installed on your mobile phone and that’s all you have to do. This whole process takes only 2 – 4 minutes. It is probably the shortest amount of time taken by any Alexa device to get connected. Look at the below features of echo plus and you will have a clear vision of difference between echo and echo plus.
Difference between Echo and Echo plus – Features
- DESIGN– The new Echo Plus is comparatively shorter, thicker and cylindrical in shape. It is covered with the sandstone fabric material that gives a decent and appealing look.
- EASY TO USEuse – You can control its microphone, Alexa activation and volume adjustments with the smooth buttons on top of it. As compared to the circular dial for volume, this one looks better.
- Z-WAVE & ZIGBEE TECHNOLOGY– This device can connect with your smart devices rather than use Z-Wave and Zigbee.
- DISCOVER DEVICES– Discover devices with Alexa. Just ask “Alexa discover devices”. It will scan and after a couple of minutes, it will tell you the available devices.
– You can use the Alexa application through which you can control any Alexa enabled device at home.
- UNLIMITED SKILLS– Alexa has about 50,000 skills like telling you a joke, browsing the internet, ordering a pizza, making a phone call to Uber, etc.
- GREAT VOICE QUALITY– it has great sound quality. You can feel the strong vibrations throughout your room.
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS– You can adjust the equalizer settings. In fact, it’s better to adjust the mid, bass and treble of your song from a better experience.
- HOME SAFETY– Through Alexa Guard, the Echo device will start detecting the sound of glass breaking, smoke, and carbon monoxide alarms, etc. and will send you smart alerts.
- SMART HOME– You can close your garage door, lock doors, adjust thermostats, control your TV, etc. through this device and make your home a smart home.
- Create calendar events and check traffic through Alexa.
- Better sound with a three-inch woofer and a 0.8-inch tweeter.
- Built-in Zigbee supports Zigbee enabled devices.
- You can give commands in English and Spanish.
- The buttons are harder to press for a quick change.
- It can only connect to a limited number of devices.
To Sum Up,
Echo show vs echo plus shows that they have similar features because both the speakers are having built-in Alexa voice control and central hub. Their design features are exactly the same. For example, both are having a 0.8 inches tweeter and a 3-inch woofer, cylindrical shape with 5.8-inch height and 3.9-inch width. Both devices have volume and microphone buttons on top.
The difference between echo and echo plus is here. Echo Plus 2nd Gen possesses temperature sensors so you can set temperature-related commands like turn off if the temperature rises 3 degrees etc. The local voice control enables voice command in a slow internet connection.
Another difference is between echo vs echo plus sound quality. The 3rd gen Echo device favors improved sound quality than the other. But the former 3rd generation device is available at less price as compared to the latter one as the latter one has additional features. So if you are looking for less price and improved sound then choose 3rd gen. If you are looking for additional features then choose Eco Plus.
Recommended Articles For You
Best Bluetooth Earbuds Under 100
Most comfortable dress shoes for men
Leave a Reply